I like long hikes, fishing, camping, stargazing, and more or less anything that requires minimal brain activity while in the great outdoors.
But enough about me. Let’s talk about the people I’ve made up because they’re far more interesting.
Today we’re going to delve into the lives of my finicky couple: Natalia and Dustin of Embracing the Kraken. They’ll be making their debut with the Bowman’s Inn Spring/Summer ’17 anthology. (I’ll post more details on this as soon as I have them!)
- Hair: Naturally dark brown but dyed copper
- Eyes: Dark brown
- Height: 5’2
- Favorite drink: Dark ales for socializing, dirty vodka martinies for drowning sorrows, and tea when time of day or other issues deter alcohol consumption
- Favorite food: A good burger
- Job: It’s complicated.
- In a nutshell: Loves drinking, partying, her work, and sexy men. Take one out of the equation and apparently the rest start to fall apart. Natalia’s got too many ex’s in her past, weighing her down and keeping her from moving forward. She’s hit the breaking point where she can no longer blame them, now she only blames herself. The silver-lining is that she has a job she absolutely loves. She aims to build a name and solid career for herself in photography. Unfortunately, she gets canned in scene one.
- Misc tidbits:
- Nat’s mom is Korean and her dad is Swedish. She’s close to her parents, but they tend not to see eye-to-eye. They live in Maine.
- Nat has an older brother who isn’t mentioned in this story (but who may get a story of his own one day!)
- Nat loves fashion, and her current obsession is steampunk. It’s an obsession that’s been going on for quite a few years, in fact.
- Nat went to college to study mathematics but ended up taking more art classes than anything else. She graduated with bachelor’s in art, but her college didn’t offer a photography concentration, so she specialized in graphic design. She has a minor in mathematics.
Dustin Holt, CPA
- Hair: Dark brown
- Eyes: Light blue
- Height: 5’10
- Favorite drink: Whatever comes recommended, since years of bitter office coffee has killed his taste buds.
- Favorite food: His mom’s rouladen
- Job: Senior Tax Accountant at Watson & Hartfield
- In a nutshell: Dustin moved to Anteros to start fresh, and immediately fell into a rut. He works all day every day and hits the Bowman’s Inn bar every Thursday. He has one beer then heads home, checks his email, and goes to bed. As far as his career goes, he’s got everything right; he’s confident and capable. As far as women go, he doesn’t try. But with Nat, everything comes naturally. Is he suave? Maybe.
- Misc tidbits:
- Dustin’s parents live in Boston. His father is also a CPA.
- Dustin has a brother, Rusty. Rusty is an absolute pain, and will get his story told soon.
- Dustin will say he’s not uptight, but he wears a suit to work even though the rest of his office sticks to a traditional business dress code. If he’s not working, he still wears a tie for just about everything except working out.
- Dustin has an MBA from Boston College.
And for further insight into these wonderful people, here’s the Pinterest board 😛